Saturday, June 13, 2009

Change in Essay Topic

I have been doing a lot of research trying to figure out what I'm going to do for my project. I have decided to change my topic to photographing wildlife and nature in New Orleans, I have found 4  different wildlife refuges in and around New Orleans that are accessible to the public, they are  Bayou Sauvage, Bayou Teche, Big Branch Marsh, Bogue Chitto, Wildlife Refuge's. 

I am also going to call some of the other wildlife refuge's visitor offices that are listed on the site, but are only accessible by boat and I want to see if anyone would be able to take me to one. The Bayou Sauvage Refuge gives free canoe and hiking tours also so I will be calling to set one of those up as well. The site also lists Katrina damages at each of these refuges, and maps of where to find endangered species.
This is the site http://www.fws.gov/bayousauvage/
I'm really looking forward to this trip now, I was getting really discouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment